Monday, February 27, 2012

Missing $200

Now, this one was sort of my fault.

Also, OMG I love the live chat option on the Telstra website. For one, I know I'm dealing with people in Adelaide. Locals! Not someone in Manilla who's just going to read a script and not deviate from it. Although, lately it's usually been the Aussies in the complaint section I've been talking to.

Although with tech support it is the Phillipines you have to deal with. Some of them are great. Some aren't. But, I think when it comes down to it we'd all rather deal with locals.

Anyway, I paid $200 back in Jan to what I thought was this account. The live chat guy I spoke to a few weeks ago never got back to me. The woman I chatted with told me to come back in a week if I'd heard nothing. She actually did the bpay trace unlike the first guy.

I accidently paid the $200 to an account that I had back when I was living with Kitty. Keep in mind this is oh 4 or 5 years ago. They took the $6.50 or something that was owing - and then mailed me a cheque for the refund. To the old address.

They sent a cheque for almost $200 to a place I haven't lived in years. An account that was closed year ago. I rang them to change the account into my housemates name because I WAS MOVING OUT. It would have been in the notes. So, he told me he would get that one cancelled and then mailed out to my new address.

It only took me 5 weeks and 3 live chats to figure this out. His customer service was amazing though. I whinged to him about what had been happening too and told him I had NO faith left in the company at all. How could I? After all the crap they have pulled.

The shit with Kev is more than enough but having to call tech support over 19 times is ridiculous. It looks like it was the modem. Still a little too soon to tell - but so far no drop outs.

This T-Hub is as bad as the last. We'll just send it back and say thanks but no thanks. Just can't deal with them anymore. Lee's in therapy and I'm going to have to get some for myself as well.

Imagine you lost your loved one and 18 months later despite numerous complaints via email and phone the corportation KEEPS sending packages to him. Which require answering the door to "package for 'insert name of loved on here'." And, it's constant. It's not like it's every 12 months or so.

Imagine you're the best friend who's got to deal with the corp who do not ever freaking LISTEN to what you are saying. If you can imagine that you'll have some idea of how bloody frustrating the whole thing is.

I hate Telstra. I never did until last year. Lee loved them - not anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment